PS3 Firmware 1.10
Released Nov 17, 2006
• You can now use PLAYSTATION®Network services.
• You can now use the single tap text entry method on the on-screen keyboard for English and other European languages.
• [Audio CD Output Frequency] has been added as a feature under [Music Settings].
• [Enable ATRAC] has been added as a feature under [System Settings].
• [Cross Color Reduction Filter] has been added as a feature under [Display Settings].
• [After 5 Minutes] has been added as an option to [Screensaver] under [Display Settings].
• You can now select [Full Screen] under [Screen Mode] when playing video files saved on the hard disk or storage media.*
*An appropriate USB adaptor (not included) is required to use storage media with some models.
• The latest DVD copy-protection compatibility files have been updated.*
• You can now download and save music and video files on the hard disk under [Internet Browser].
• You can now download the following types of content under [PLAYSTATION®Store].
PLAYSTATION®3 format software
* The term "PLAYSTATION®Network titles" refers to PlayStation format games (PS one) downloaded from PLAYSTATION®Store and PSP format games distributed electronically.
• Simplified and traditional Chinese characters can now be displayed under [Internet Browser].
• [Online Instruction Manuals] has been added as a feature.
• The method of calculating hard disk capacity has been changed.
* Free space on the hard disk is calculated as 1 GB (1024 x 1024 x 1024) = approx. 1,073,740,000 bytes. As a result, the free space value displayed may be less than the value that is mentioned under specifications in the product documentation. You can check hard disk free space under [Settings] > [System Settings] > [System Information].
• Playability status with the PS3™ system has changed for some PlayStation® and PlayStation®2 format titles. To check on the latest status, visit the search site for compatible titles.
*SCEA has discovered that certain DVDs utilizing the ARccOS* copy-protection system may have difficulty being played on the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system. A software fix for this has been created and can be easily downloaded and installed utilizing the System Update function found through the PS3™ system's Xross Media Bar (XMB™). Users are recommended to update their PS3™ system to system software version 1.10 available for download on November 17. Also, regular update of PS3™ system's operating system using the System Update is recommended for future additional functionality. The situation with the ARccOS copy-protection system occurs only with DVDs and does not affect the playback of Blu-ray Discs.
*ARccOS is a copy-protection system developed by Sony used on some DVDs. For further inquiry on this system, please contact Sony Corp.